http://earthcookiefeatures.blogspot.com/?m=1Www.earthcookiecreations.etsy.com




Jul 17, 2012

Autumn is creeping!

First off thank you to Stamping 411!  I made the showcase this past week!  So honored!

Although we are in the midst of summer last night my creations took a turn towards fall.  Warm colors, back to school and brown brown brown.  My first card using K&Company patterned paper complimented by Stampin Up's Rich Razzelberry, Very Vanilla & Soft Suede.  I adore the sentiment and Papaya Collage stamp set for the elements.


While creating this next card I kept thinking how strange it will be when my kids are off to school.  We also received a Land's End catalog just full of school backpacks, lunch bags and other school essentials.  My son is already picking out his backpack for kindergarten (he's 4 and won't be going until fall 2013). 

For the card I used the new InColors and Riding Hood Red.  Then I pulled out some measuring tape from my collection and snipped a bit to add to the card.  I'm not a big fan of coloring but I like how my Greeting Card kids turned out.  They remind me of some retro wrapping paper or story book from the 1950's. 
love em!


Linking up with these lovely blogs today:




Mojo Monday Blinkie

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty---I loved that 411 sketch, too! Thanks for playing my "wordsmith" challenge this week at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!!! Great job combining the challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the vintage look you've created with your stamps and colour combo. Thanks for playing along with the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete