http://earthcookiefeatures.blogspot.com/?m=1Www.earthcookiecreations.etsy.com




Jun 27, 2012

Transformations

Another gorgeous (hot) morning here in Southern California.  I've been working on a bunch of items for the shop and for the upcoming shows.  Some pretty paper flowers made from vintage book pages and other vintage paper ephemera I've been saving for awhile.
Then my sister gave me this candle awhile back and although I love the smell I don't really like the look of the candle itself so I added a bit of burlap, ephemera and some pretty paper flowers to help the candle blend into my "Craft Shack".



See how pretty!

In my "Craft Shack" I have this wall that you immediately see when you walk in the room and its blah!  It has a window in the center and then nothing flocking the windows.  So I decided to spruce the walls up a bit.  On one side I placed some much beloved photos of my sons and a pink chalkboard that I picked up at Matilda's Mouse this past weekend.


And on the other side I hung a tea towel I purchased from Brookish.  It's Mr. Darcy's proposal to Elizabeth in Pride & Prejudice.  I bought it a couple of years ago and haven't been able to use it in my kitchen (fear of staining) so I took some twine and hung it up using some glittered clothespins I purchased from Candi Loves Paper.  I love the way it turned out and now I don't have to worry about my tea towel being ruined by use.



Now if I could only transform my weight as easily as my "craft shack" I'd be good to go.  I started Weight Watchers back in October and had a great beginning however now I'm in a slump.  Seems like everytime I turn around (with a fork in hand) there is another Birthday or Anniversary or Vacation.  This past two weeks I've been slowly getting back on track and working at another 15 by end of summer.  Anyone else ever feel like no matter how much they work at it they just can't seem to lose it?

1 comment:

  1. I love your candle. I've done a few myself.

    www.minnesotajunker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete