http://earthcookiefeatures.blogspot.com/?m=1Www.earthcookiecreations.etsy.com




Nov 12, 2013

Plywood Sign DIY & Tutorial

I have soooooo many scrapbooking alphabet stickers left over from projects that I needed to figure out a way to use them up instead of hoarding them.  
So I set out to create some fun wood signs for my home and shop.
Here is a quick and easy tutorial on home to do them at home.

Supplies:
Paint
Paintbrushes
Sandpaper
Alphabet Stickers
Plywood Scraps (I used some cabinet doors I found sitting aside someone's trash cans)

First:  Paint plywood with some neutral light color...I used buttercream.
Then apply alphabet stickers as you would like them.
I used one of my favorite hymns for this particular sign "How Great Thou Art"


After you've got your stickers where you want them, make sure they are pressed down nice and tight.
Then start applying your paint onto the top of the wood & stickers.
Let dry and repeat with another coat of paint.

After drying slowly peel off the stickers.
Once all done sand away to get a more finished and rustic look.

Then sit back and enjoy your creation!!




Sharing:

Fluster Buster

1 comment:

  1. What a great use for all of those unused letters. Thanks for sharing at Fluster's Creative Muster. Now that you found our party I hope that you'll continue to join us every Tuesday evening. Hugs, Robin

    ReplyDelete