http://earthcookiefeatures.blogspot.com/?m=1Www.earthcookiecreations.etsy.com




May 10, 2012

DIY Display Piece on a Budget

I'm always on the lookout for fun display pieces but the best ones are the items you create yourself. For this particular piece I stared with an open frame that I purchased at a local thrift store for $3. Then I coherced my husband into cutting some custom planks for the inside of the frame. We choose pieces with knots and imperfections that we actually had leftover from a recent fence build.
For the pennant banner I had some burlap left over from another project so I cut them into some very imperfect triangles. The letters I had purchased in a large panel from the Quilter's Cottage here in Fallbrook for $6.95. I carefully (haha) cut out the letters and glued them onto the burlap triangles. Then after drying I hung them onto lace with mini wooden clothespins. Then adhered the lace to the frame with mini nails. Bam! A perfect display piece for the next Vintage Marketplace.
And finally I had a few scraps leftover so I started creating these cute little decor pieces. Added a frame holder onto the back so that the owner can hang them onto the wall or a kids' room door, etc. These will also be available for purchase at the Queen Bee Market.

No comments:

Post a Comment